My Simple “Pancake” Flapjack Recipe With Honey
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 5 tbsp of Pancake mix
- 1 Egg
- 20ml Milk (or As Desired)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil (for Mixture)
- 4 tbsp Honey (or Syrup)
- Non-stick Frying Pan
- Mixing Bowls
- Whisk (or Fork)
- Scooping Spoon
1. Break the egg into a bowl and whisk. Add milk and oil. Now, mix them well with the whisk or fork
2. In a second bowl, pour your pancake mix, and make a hole in between.
3. Thereafter, you pour in your liquid mixture and mix.
4. Make sure the batter is a bit thick to make that fluffy flapjack pancake just like mine in the picture.
5. Let it sit for about 5 minutes.
6. As the batter sits, place a non-stick frying pan on your stove (or, a pancake maker).
7. Switch on the stove to medium heat, lightly oil the pan. And, let it heat up.
8. Scoop a spoon of the mixture into the pan.
9. Wait till bubbles are formed on the pancake. That’s a sign that your pancake is formed together and can be flipped without creating a mess.
10. Now you flip it over and wait till it is golden brown (typically after a minute or two).
11. And, there you have it, a simple flapjack
12. Serve with honey or syrup, and enjoy your meal.
- Do not over mix to make your pancake fluffy. In fact, having lumps in it should be okay. If it is well mixed, it will turn out chewy rather than fluffy.
- A thin batter would make a thin crepe pancake. Remember these are flapjacks, so make sure your batter is thick.
- To avoid the flipping hassle or decided when to flip, you should consider using a double-sided non-stick frying pan instead.
- Add a bit of cinnamon powder to your batter for an added flavor.
- You can take it further by adding some tiny chopped nuts or dates, and vegetables like a carrot.
- You may swap out the pancake mix for all-purpose flour if you don’t want sugar. Remember to include baking powder in the ingredients!
- To know if your oil is hot enough for the batter, simply place your palm on top of the pot to feel the heat. Careful not to get burnt, okay!
- For a perfectly made and time-efficient flapjacks, you may want to invest in a pancake maker.
To Wrap It Up;
This is how I make my flapjacks for busy mornings or lazy evenings.
I hope from now on, you will be able to make delicious and hearty pancakes in a breeze.
What do you think about my recipe? Would you like to try it out soon? How do you tweak the recipe?
Are you an avid fan of flapjacks, how do you make yours and what other ingredients do you you add to your recipe when making it?
Leave your comments below so we will learn and be inspired by your cuisines.
To more tantalizing delicacies and cuisines!
Tohin…My Exquisite Diet